It’s almost Pancake Day (28 February 2017) and while we often long to revisit the idea of the wafer thin, sweet pancake with brown sugar and lemon, why not try something more adventurous this Shrove Tuesday, and make savoury, Peking duck pancakes using organic or free range duck.
Below, the chefs at Royal China reveal their exclusive recipe for the most authentic and delicious Peking Duck Pancakes.
- Duck Breasts (organic or free range)
3 Shallots – sliced
3 Spring Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1Tsp Maltose Sugar
2 Tbsp Vinegar
3 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Fry the shallots, spring onion and garlic in a pan and heavily salt
- Marinate the duck breasts with the fried ingredients
- Mix the maltose sugar with vinegar and hot water, and pour on the skin
- Place the duck into a barbeque cooker until cooked
- Baste the skin of the duck with hot oil until it is golden brown and crispy
Buy your ingredients from local and organic producers, and help champion a local food revolution.
For the Pancakes:
Slice the duck breast into slender strips, and place meat in a pancake with sliced spring onion, cucumbers and a dollop of plum sauce. Wrap and enjoy!
The Royal China Group consists of six of London’s most authentic and prestigious Chinese restaurants, including the luxurious and critically-acclaimed Royal China Club. Based in the heart of London, the restaurants are centrally located on Baker Street, as well as in Bayswater, Fulham, Harrow-on-the-Hill and Canary Wharf.
To book at table at Royal China or for more info www.royalchinagroup.co.uk