A celebration of nuts and seeds with gluten free bread crumbs. Enjoy!
1 onion sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 stick celery sliced
1 small carrot grated
200 g cashews
100 g gluten free breadcrumbs
1 tsp mixed herbs
100 ml stock
1 tsp yeast extract
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Sauté the onion and celery in the oil until softened.
- Add the grated carrot and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Grind the cashew nuts and mix with the breadcrumbs and the mixed herbs.
- Stir in the cooked vegetables.
- In a small saucepan, bring the stock to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yeast extract.
- Add enough stock to the nuts and breadcrumbs to make a moist, but not sloppy, mix.
- Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Stuff vegetables or roll into loose balls and bake for 20 minutes. Or it can be used to fill your favourite vegetable.